Clothing Catches Fire Late Wednesday Evening At The Killeen K Mart
Killeen Fire Marshals are trying to get to the bottom of how a rack of clothing caught fire last night at the K Mart store in Killeen. Noboy is sure how the fire began at the store on Fort Hood street, but officials are indicating that the fire could be suspicious. A customer who was shopping inside the store was able to locate a fire extinguisher and keep the fire from spreading until the Fire Department arrived.
While the fire happened late last night, it started when the store was still open. One customer was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
K Mart says the store plans to be open today on a normal schedule. The investigation into the fire is ongoing. Officials can't say for sure if someone started the blaze intentionally.