Fascinate Friends With These Little Known Fun Texas Facts
Sick of talking about the weather, football and the election? Luckily, there are so many little known facts about the great state of Texas, you can have full-on conversations with people at parties for years to come if you verse yourself with these tidbits.
If you want a fun way to start a conversation, then try a fun Texas fact that not everyone is privy to. Here are a few you can whip out anywhere. Expect for maybe Galveston. Strange town, I hear.
- To this day it is still a hanging offense in Texas to steal cattle, or to put graffiti on someone else's cow. So if you have a gang problem in your area, just put a few cattle in your front yard. Once they either steal them or tag them, break out the rope.
- It's also illegal to flash your junk, or even to swear, in front of a corpse. Which is the reason I don't go to funerals. One moment of weakness...
"He was a good ****ing guy".
...boom! Your butt's being dragged off to jail.
- If you're thinking about having some type of party in Galveston, just remember it's illegal to have a camel run loose on the beach. Even I can't think of why that would need to be a law. What kind of sick perversion was going on in Galveston in the 1800s?
- The Great State of Texas has more airports than any other state in the Country. Makes sense, it's the biggest state (can't count Alaska as most of that state is for wild life).
- At last check, the city of Slaughter, Texas, has never had a homicide.
- If Texas were a country, it would rank as the world’s 7th largest producer of greenhouse gases. Now when you drop that line, it's best to be spraying your hair with Accu-net, and revving a motorcycle without a muffler.
- The most popular snack foods in Texas are Frito pie. Also, peanuts in Dr. Pepper, beef jerky, jalapenos, and corn dogs. The gifted will eat them all at once. And by "gifted" I mean the people with eating disorders.
- The first word spoken on the moon in 1969 was “Houston". For you conspiracy nuts, the first word spoken at the sound studio's at Disney world was also "Houston".
- Approximately 90% of the world’s recoverable helium is located in the ground under Amarillo, Texas.