Fire investigators say a short in an electrical panel sparked a fire that damaged a home in the 900 block of South 3rd Street Tuesday afternoon.

Temple Fire & Rescue responded to 913 S. 3rd at 4:10 PM after someone at a neighboring businesses spotted smoke and called 911.

The first unit to arrive reported smoke coming from the rear of the single-story, wood framed house. The family occupying the home were able to safely escape.

The fire was under control by 4:20 PM. Fire officials said damages were minor and confined to the area immediately surrounding the electrical panel and meter base.

No injuries were reported.