**Updated Tuesday, May 13**

Detective Charles “Chuck” Dinwiddie, one of four Killeen Police officers shot while attempting to serve a warrant Friday, passed away Sunday afternoon at Temple’s Scott & White Memorial Hospital.

Dinwiddie received a life threatening wound to the face around 5:30 am Friday, May 9 while he and other members of Killeen’s tactical response unit were serving a narcotics warrant at an apartment in the 1100 block of Circle M Drive. He was immediately taken to the Carl R. Darnall Army Hospital and later admitted to Scott & White’s intensive care unit in critical condition.

Dinwiddie succumbed to his injuries Sunday, May 11 and was pronounced deceased at 2:14 pm by Justice of the Peace David Barfield. On Monday, May 12, his remains were escorted to the Southwest Institute of Forensic Sciences in Dallas in order to undergo autopsy. Funeral services will be held this week. Dinwiddie's family will accept visitors from 6 to 8 pm Friday at First Baptist Church, 3310 S. W.S. Young Drive in Killeen. The funeral will be held at 10 am Saturday at the Killeen Civic and Conference Center, and Dinwiddie will be laid to rest at Killeen City Cemetery.

“Our community has suffered a great loss,” Chief Dennis Baldwin said in a press release issued this week. “Few people have touched the number of lives in such a meaningful way as Detective Dinwiddie. As a dedicated professional, his service to the Killeen community was with honor, courage, and unwavering loytalty. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family and friends during this difficult time.”

Officers David Daniels and Xavier Clark received minor wounds to areas covered by protective equipment. They were treated and released at Scott & White. The fourth officer shot, Odis Denton, was hit in the femur. He underwent surgery at Scott & White and is recovering.

The deadly shooting occurred as officers were attempting to breach an apartment window. 49-year-old Marvin Louis Guy has been charged with three counts of attempted capital murder and could face a capital murder charge following Dinwiddie’s death. He is currently being held in the Bell County Jail with bail set at $3 million. A 50-year-old woman who was also arrested Sunday has not been identified.

Dinwiddie was an 18 year veteran of the Killeen Police Department and member of the SWAT team for 15 years. He is the second SWAT officer in the department to be killed in the line of duty in less than a year. On July 14, 2013, 32-year-old Officer Robert “Bobby” Hornsby was shot during a standoff at Killeen’s Grandon Manor Apartments.