Man Burned Severely in Mobile Home Fire
A Cameron man was severely burned by a fire that broke out in his mobile home Sunday.
Ke’sha Lopez and our news partner KWTX, reported that James Martinez was transported to a burn unit in Dallas for treatment.
A Cameron Fire Department representative told KWTX that the fire started around 3:17 PM on North Bowie Ave. Mr. Martinez was reportedly asleep in a mobile home when he was burned.
Authorities on the scene told KWTX that neighbors helped Martinez escape through a window.
Fire officials believe faulty wiring in the mobile home may have been the cause of the fire. The State’s Fire Marshal Office was investigating Monday.