Harker Heights Fire Leaves Family Homeless
A mobile home in Harker Heights was destroyed Tuesday morning after a suspected electrical fire.
Taina Thipharacksa and her father Miguel Melendez were inside the home when they noticed an unusual smell. They suspected it might be a problem with the wiring in the home, so they contacted their landlord. But before an electrician could arrive, the house became engulfed in flames.
The blaze in the 200 block of West Bob White Lane broke out around 10 a.m. and took 30 minutes to extinguish. The home was a total loss.
Seven family members lived in the home, including three children. They are currently being assisted by the Red Cross.