Detour Ahead! Roads to Avoid in Killeen, Texas as Closures Start Monday
Plan ahead Killeen, Texas. Your drive to work on Monday could be affected by some upcoming road closures.
Mondays can be tough enough, but navigating a new way to work unexpectedly can make it even worse. Maybe this can help you avoid the headache of detours and longer than usual wait times.
The City of Killeen issued a press release on Friday, March 18 detailing several road closures for Monday, March 21 through Thursday, March 31st. Killeen’s Department of Public Works’ Transportation Division will begin work on “slurry seal services.”
Slurry Seal Services
What is slurry seal services? According to the Killeen Daily Herald, it's a process that happens every six to nine years. Crews basically repave the road with a thin layer of asphalt to fill in cracks and other issues.
Killeen Road Closures
Here is the list of roads that will be closed starting Monday, March 21 from 7am to 7pm. The work is expected to follow the order listed below, so not all roads will be closed at the same time.
- East Harrison Avenue from North College Street to 2nd Street
- West Anderson Avenue from North College to 2nd Street
- Dean Avenue from North College to 2nd Street
- Dunn Avenue from North College to 2nd Street
- Young Avenue from North College to 2nd Street
- Sprott Avenue from Root to10th Street
- Green Avenue from North College to 2nd Street
- Green Avenue from 4th Street to10th Street
- Austin Avenue from North College to 8th Street
- Hoover Avenue from North College to 8th Street
- Avenue D from North College to 2nd Street
- Avenue A from Root Avenue to10th Street
- Church Avenue from Root Avenue to 10th Street
- Avenue B from Root Avenue to10th Street
- 4th Street from railroad crossing to Rancier
- 8th Street from railroad crossing to Rancier
- Avenue C from Root Avenue to10th Street
- North Park Street from Avenue C to end of street
- North Gray Street from railroad crossing to Rancier
- 2nd Street from railroad crossing to Rancier
The contractor will have traffic detoured around the work sites. Drivers should anticipate delays, and are asked to use caution and obey traffic control devices.
Those with questions can contact the City of Killeen Transportation office at 254-616-3153 or via email at email@example.com.