BREAKING: Ethan Hutchins - Reporter is near Troy where a propane tank blew up in a man's face causing his house to catch fire sending him to Parkland hospital in Dallas.

Posted by KWTX News 10 on Wednesday, February 10, 2016


A Pendleton man was sent to Dallas for treatment to severe burns to his face after a propane tank accident early Wednesday morning.

Neighbors reported hearing an explosion in the 3700 block of 3rd Street shortly after midnight. Fire officials determined that the owner of a mobile home was trying to connect a propane tank to a generator when the tank exploded.

The blowout caused the home to catch fire, and flames quickly spread to the surrounding grass. Firefighters had the flames under control shortly before 2:30 AM.

The homeowner and three other people reportedly lived in the home with no electricity. He will undergo treatment at Parkland Hospital in Dallas, which features one of the nation's largest civilian burn units. No other injuries were reported.