Gas Leak in Central Texas
KWTX reported that a major natural gas leak had a Central Texas hazardous material team hard at work Tuesday night.
The Waco Fire Department's Hazmat Team responded to the scene of the gas leak around 7:45 p.m. on Tuesday night.
The gas leak was created by city workers who struck a natural gas line. The leak occurred at the 1700 block of Austin Avenue in Waco.
The area of the leak was blocked off while the leak was repaired, and the Waco Library located downtown was evacuated as a precaution of the leak.
Crews at the scene were monitoring the area while they were waiting for the gas at the scene to be cut off by the gas company, Atmos Energy.
The Waco Fire Department strongly recommended that people avoid the area, until the scene was assured to be safe.