Black Powder On Mail Puts Local Business On Alert
KWTX's Rhyan Henson reported that a hazardous material team had to be sent out to a local business late Monday morning.
The hazmat team responded to the scene after a person handling the mail inhaled black powder that was on some of the postal items. Waco's Fire Department Hazmat Team arrived at the scene around 11:45 a.m. on Monday. The location of the business was at the 100 block of Ava Drive in Waco.
The road to the scene was closed during the investigation. The hazmat team cleared the scene at 1:00 p.m. once the powder was deemed to not be hazardous.
The team said it was just some sort of dust, and the woman who inhaled it was taken to the hospital as precaution.