KWTX's Drake Lawson and Chris Shadrock reported that an electricity failure is believed to have been the cause of a big fire in Waco over the weekend.

Waco Fire Department reported that electrical wiring caught on fire near a manufacturing area in the warehouse.

The fire started Saturday afternoon, and it was a two-alarm fire that emergency crews responded to in the 400 block of Texas Central Parkway at the Waco Boom Warehouse.

Waco Fire Chief R.M. Bergerson said, "It took about 30 minutes to put the fire out." Five people were in the building when the fire started, and they were all able to make it out unharmed.

Damages from the fire are estimated to be around $500,000, over a quarter million for property damage and another $200,000 for the contents inside the warehouse


More From KTEM-AM