Road Closures for Bloomin’ Temple Announced
The 2017 Bloomin’ Temple Festival presented by H-E-B will be held once again near E. Central Avenue and 4th Street in Downtown Temple. The fest spans the weekend days of Friday, April 28th and Saturday, April 29th.
Putting Bloomin' together will require the closing of streets near the festival site beginning Thursday, April 27th through Friday April 28th.These street closures will be in addition to the most essential which will be closed on Monday, April 24th.
Streets Closing Monday, April 24th – 6:00 a.m. – Carnival Set Up
· East Central Ave and South 4th St. blocked. Intersection will still be open to north & southbound traffic
· Intersection of East Central Ave and South 6th St. will be closed.
· Intersection of East Ave Avenue A and South 6th St. blocked. Intersection will still be open to east and westbound traffic
Thursday, April 27th – 6:00 a.m. – Stage Set Ups
· East Central Avenue at S. 2nd Street. Intersection open for traffic traveling north & south only.
· East Avenue A will close halfway between 2nd Street & 4th Street
Friday, April 28th – 6:00 a.m. – Festival Set Up
· 4th Street at E. Adams Avenue closed. Barricade will only be moved for those conducting business with the Bell County Annex before 12:00 p.m.
· East Central Ave and South 4th St. blocked. Intersection will remain open for traffic traveling north & south only until entire intersection closes at noon.
· Avenue A at MLK Jr. Dr. closed.
· 6th Street at Avenue B blocked. Intersection will remain open for traffic traveling east & west
The city says all roads are expected to reopen by 8:00 a.m. Monday, May 1st, with the exception of roads closed for carnival set-up, which are to reopen at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, May 3rd.
Please visit BloominTemple.com for the latest festival news, information, and road closures.