Temple ISD Awarded 23 Distinctions for Academic Excellence
Congratulations to Temple ISD for earning 23 academic distinctions for the 2017-2018 School year!
Some impressive STAAR test scores have a lot to do with it. Schools that finish in the top 25% of their peer groups in a number of categories earn academic distinctions. Those categories include Math, Science, English Language Arts (ELA)/Reading, Social Studies, Academic Growth, Closing the Gaps, Postsecondary Readiness.
From the Temple ISD Press Release, here are the Temple elementary schools who earned 14 total distinctions:
- Cater: 1 – Academic Growth
- Scott: 1 – Academic Growth
- Raye-Allen: 1 – Academic Growth
- Western Hills: 1 – Science
- H.P. Garcia: 2 – Academic Growth, Closing the Gaps
- Jefferson: 2 – Science, Postsecondary Readiness
- Kennedy-Powell: 6 – ELA/Reading, Math, Science, Academic Growth, Postsecondary Readiness, Closing the Gaps
From the Temple ISD Press Release, at the secondary level, Temple schools earned 9 total distinctions:
- Lamar Middle School: 2 – Science, Social Studies
- Bonham Middle School: 5 – Math, Science, Social Studies, Academic Growth, Postsecondary Readiness
- Temple High School: 2 – Science, Academic Growth
Dr. Bobby Ott, Superintendent of Schools for Temple ISD said in the press release, “This is ABOUT TEMPLE ISD TISD Motto: Offering families a GLOBAL education in Central Texas. Temple ISD is a 6A school district with an early childhood academy (Pre-K), eight elementary schools (K-5), three middle schools (6-8) two high schools (9-12) and an alternative education campus. Temple ISD serves a very diverse student body of approximately 8,600 students and is the fourth largest employer in Temple with approximately 1,200 employees. Through the years, Temple ISD has produced more than 225 National Merit Scholar Award winners, including Black Achievement and Hispanic Recognition Scholars. attributed directly to the exceptional instruction from Temple teachers, and the knowledge, comprehension and hard work of our students. We are very proud of our individual campus accomplishments.”
See the entire press release with the button below.