Friends and family of Troy teenager Cody Glass gathered at Trojan Park Tuesday afternoon to honor the boy with a balloon release.


Cody, 13, died Saturday while on a hunting trip at Lake Brownwood with his father, Bryan Glass, 41, and his grandfather, John Glass, 58. Brown County authorities say the three died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning due to poorly ventilated propane heaters in their camper. They were discovered around 1 PM Saturday.

Braving the bitter cold, dozens of people and local media gathered at the park near downtown Troy to remember Cody, whose family plans to mark his passing with an annual balloon release.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the community of Troy and those closest to Cody and his family.

More From KTEM-AM