Historic Job Opening Available with the San Antonio Spurs
If you're a Texan and a shutterbug, you could land a job of historical note.
MySA is reporting that for the first time in franchise history, the San Antonio Spurs are looking to hire a full-time team photographer.
The luckiest person on the planet will shoot photos and video at all events, including everything from games to community events in and out of San Antonio. Road trip, anyone?
"Spurs Sports and Entertainment is seeking a best-in-class photographer with the ability to tell the Spurs story through behind-the-scenes photos and videos of the team's players and staff, creating daily unique digital, social and broadcast content for both individual player and team use."
Now of course, like any dream job, there are conditions. Any Joe Blow Shutterbug off the street will not be accepted.
There are one or two (or fifteen) qualifications that they're looking for.
- A Bachelor’s degree, technical degree, or four years’ experience in a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of high-definition (HD) cameras, videography, and creative lighting techniques.
- Possess best-in-class still photography and videography skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and demonstrate skillful storytelling, editing, and videography abilities through a portfolio of work samples.
- Strong decision making and the ability to produce and distribute work in real time, while working with the Spurs brand team on long-term projects.
- Strong knowledge of current social media trends.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and handle feedback with ease.
- Ability to show engagement and collaboration with departments across the Spurs organization.
- Strong teamwork aptitude and intrinsically motivated by the desire to see a group succeed as opposed to individual accolades.
- Confident and disciplined work ethic to produce efficiently on tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent relationship building and communication skills to include the ability to gain the trust of players, coaches and staff required.
- Alignment with SS&E’s Values and culture
- Ability and desire to protect confidential information.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of work time.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and Holidays.
If you meet these qualifications, or you can B.S. your way around them, then you can apply online for this historic job opportunity.