Investigators say a grass fire that destroyed two mobile homes in northwest Temple Friday afternoon was sparked by an electrical transformer.

Ten Temple Fire & Rescue units were dispatched to 3616 West Nugent Avenue at 3:18 PM. When they arrived, they discovered two vacant mobile homes in flames.

The fire was under control by 3:25 PM, and the scene was cleared at 6:08 PM.

Fortunately, no injuries were reported. Total dollar loss to the damaged homes was estimated at $4,000.

Investigators determined that the fire was unintentional, and was sparked by an arcing electrical transformer which ignited grass surrounding the homes.


More From KTEM-AM