There's obviously no good time for a house fire, but the early morning hours may be the worst and most dangerous.

KWTX's Rhyan Henson reports that multiple crews worked together to put out a fire in Elm Mott Monday morning. The fire started at a home in the 400 block of Tulip Lane shortly before 1:00 a.m. Two people in the home were able to escape without injury.

The Assistant Fire Chief of Elm Mott, Jerry Price, said the fire may have been caused by portable heaters. Axtell, Elm Mott, and Lacy Lakeview fire crews are credited with extinguishing the blaze.

More From KTEM-AM