Polls Open in Copperas Cove to Decide Runoff Election for Mayor
Voters will return to the polls in Copperas Cove today as the city decides a runoff election for Mayor. The race will place Incumbent Frank Seffrood and Azeita Taylor on the ballot after both finished the fall election without a majority.
The election on November 6th saw Seffrood finish first at Taylor second but neither had enough votes to decide the election. Candidate Taylor has run for the council previously and has spent time at many council-appointed boards.
Cove residents can vote from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today at 210 South 1st Street.
Voters must present one of the following forms of identification to vote:
- A Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS;
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport.