A residential fire was reported around midnight in Waco after the family woke up to the smell of smoke, Christy Soto of KWTX reports.

Fire crews quickly responded and the family all made it out safely, all but one four-legged friend. The pet cat was left in the house, naturally, the crew jumped into action not only fighting the fire but saving little whiskers (No reported name on the feline, I'm just making one up).

Saving a cat from a burning building has to be on every firefighter's bucket list, so I need to learn the name of the local hero.

The fire is believed to be electrical and to have caused around $5,000 worth of damage. Terrible situation, but glad ALL members of the family are safe and sound.