Belton Apartment Fire Started by Unattended Stove
Two adults were displaced by an apartment fire Sunday after one forgot to turn off their stove.
Belton firefighters responded to the River Springs at Barge Ranch apartment complex, 300 N. Main Street, at 11:15 PM Sunday. The Temple Fire Department sent an engine and ladder truck as well.
Firefighters discovered that the fire broke out in an upper-story apartment and was caused by an unattended stove that had been left on. The fire also damaged a lower-story apartment before being extinguished by sprinklers in the complex.
No injuries were reported, but the residents of both the upper and lower-story units were unable to return to their apartments due to the damage.