It’s The Killeen Kangroos vs Shoemaker Gray Wolves at This Week’s Homecoming
It’s that time of the year where school spirit is at an all time high. Friendly competition is nonexistent, and someone will be crowned king and queen!
That’s right everyone: it's homecoming!
Roos vs Gray Wolves
I’m super excited to announce that Killeen High School‘s homecoming will be this week on Friday, September 24th. During the halftime show, we'll find out who will be the 2021 Homecoming Queen and King of Killeen High.
The game is set to start at 7:30 pm.
Meet Your Candidates
The candidates who've been announced are by far some of the most interesting and impressive young men and women at Killeen High School. After looking over the information about them, I agree that these were the perfect candidates.
Check out the Homecoming Court info below:
Miss Roo Candidates:
- Isabel Castro Cortez - NHS, AVID, Upward Bound, JROTC and Youth Advisory Council
- Alyssa Gomez - HOSA, Athletic Training and Soccer
- Landry Searcy - Varsity Softball, President of the Power Club and previously the Junior Class President
- Ja'Kayla Harris - Cheerleader and JROTC
- Gregory Gant - Football
- Jacob Medeiros - Band, Student Council and Superintendent Advisory Council
- Emory Arthur - Football and FCA
- Noah Ortega Lara - Band, Wrestling and Baseball
The Party Doesn't End Friday Night
Of course, homecoming isn't complete without the traditional dance. This year's dance will happen Saturday, September 25th from 6PM to 10PM.
Tickets are $10 in advance and $20 at the door, so be sure to get yours early.
I honestly hope both teams play hard and, most importantly, have fun. Good luck to both schools, and I hope everyone has a fun and safe homecoming!
Texas' Top 15 Pro Athletes from the Past 25 Years in No Particular Order
10 Myths About Texas That Even Some Natives Believe