Residents of Centex Home Escapes Flames of House Fire
KWTX's Pete Sousa and Dacota Taylor reported that Central Texas residents barely escaped a fire that was taking place in the back of their home.
Eight residents of the home escaped the flames that broke out towards the rear of the home. The fire broke out Monday morning in a rear bedroom of a home in Waco. The house was located in the 1100 block of Payne Street in Waco.
Fire crews got to the scene quickly, and the fire was extinguished in around 5 to 10 minutes by the Waco Fire Department. Firefighters checked the home twice to make sure nobody was still in the residence.
One firefighter suffered heat exhaustion from fighting the fire, but was not taken to the hospital. Residents of the home were renting the residence, and the American Red Cross came out to help the residents of the home.