12 Killed, 3 Injured in Texas Church Bus Crash
UPDATE: KXAN, citing Texas' DPS, has released the names of the victims.
- Murray William Barrett, 67, of New Braunfels
- Howard Bryan Allen, 81, of New Braunfels
- Rhonda Barlow Allen, 61, of New Braunfels
- Harold Boyd Barber, 87 of New Braunfels
- Margaret Robinson Barber, 82, of New Braunfels
- Cristie Claire Moore, 68, of Cibolo, Texas
- Donna Elizabeth Hawkins, 69, of Schertz, Texas
- Avis Scholl Banks, 83, of Austin
- Mildred Godlettt Rosamond, 87 of New Braunfels
- Addie Maurine Schmeltekopf, 84, of New Braunfels
- Sue Wynn Tysdal, 76, of New Braunfels
- Martha Holcomb Walker, 84, of New Braunfels
- Dorothy Fern Vulliet, 84 of New Braunfels
12 people are dead and three others injured after a pickup truck collided head-on with a church bus near Concan, just south of Garner State Park.
MySanAntonio.com reported Wednesday evening that a Dodge pickup crossed the center lane on U.S. 83 shortly before 12:30 PM, slamming into a bus carrying 14 senior members of the First Baptist Church of New Braunfels, who were on their way back from a choir retreat at Alto Frio Baptist Camp.
11 passengers of the bus died at the scene. Two others were transported to a nearby hospital, where one later passed away. The driver of the pickup was injured as well.
According to the the Uvalde Leader News, a local woman who witnessed the crash called authorities shortly before it occurred to report reckless driving. It is unclear which, if either, of the vehicles in the crash she was referring to.